Captain ; Kaptain HI FI-DELUXE
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Yashima Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.; Tokyo
- 1965 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 4 x 1,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Captain ; Kaptain HI FI-DELUXE - Yashima Electric Industrial Co
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
Similar models listed here
- Model page created by Jose Duarte Costa. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 21 models, 20 with images and 7 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Yashima Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.; Tokyo
Forum contributions about this model: Yashima Electric: Captain ; Kaptain HI FI-DELUXE
Threads: 1 | Posts: 1
I have not traced the circuit but it will be nothing like the ones for the W178, more like the 6 transistor YT-236/YT-161. While there are 8 transistors, one has all legs connected to ground and another has one leg cut off and acts as the detector diode.
Jim Greig, 05.Nov.15