Weltempfänger Colonel 697
- Hong Kong
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Unknown - CUSTOM BUILT: Hong Kong (HK)
- 1978 ??
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 220 / 4 x 1,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 10 cm = 3.9 inch
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Weltempfänger Colonel 697 - Unknown - CUSTOM BUILT: Hong
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 330 x 255 x 115 mm / 13 x 10 x 4.5 inch
Case is a mix of plastic, aluminium trim on plastic and "leatherette" over hardboard. Five Wavebands shown as nine scales plus a log scale on the dial SW: 4 … 12 MHz MW: 540 ... 1600 KHz MB: 1.6 ... 4.4 MHz (Marine/Trawler/Ham) FM: 88 ... 108 MHz VHF: 108 ... 175 MHz (Air, Ham, Marine,Police) 4 x D cells in holder via PP3 style clip. Captive Mains lead supposed to fit inside compartment (possible on US version or European plug) but UK/Ireland plug too large. Outer rear cover states 240V 50Hz. Internal fuses on primary and secondary. Two telescopic whips (VHF and MB are separate). Two Ferrite Rods (one triple coil, and shorter rod with single coil). Also two separate sets of polycon tuning units on PCB, yet single dial! Squelch control World Time Zone map with time calculator disc disguised as a compass rose. A 3.5mm earphone jack socket, no aerial or power sockets All silicon transistors, no ICs, transformer phase splitter and transformer audio push pull output. Made in Hong-Kong.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2.5 kg / 5 lb 8.1 oz (5.507 lb)
- Model page created by Jörg Sigg. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 777 models, 679 with images and 19 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Unknown - CUSTOM BUILT: Hong Kong (HK)