- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Watkins Johnson Company, Gaithersburg (MD)
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115/230 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 521A-3 - Watkins Johnson Company,
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 19 x 3.5 x 18 inch / 483 x 89 x 457 mm
- sw / vhf receiver, coverage 20 - 80 MHz, FM, AM, CW (BFO);
tuned via steel tape dial;
features internal panoramic display, sweep width 300 kHz;
in same rack with DRO-290A-1 digital frequency readout with nixie tubes.
Swiss Military model number E-649.
- Source of data
- - - Data from my own collection
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 18 models, 8 with images and 1 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Watkins Johnson Company, Gaithersburg (MD)