Globe King Transmitter 500 A
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- World Radio Laboratories (WRL), (Globe Electronics); Council Bluffs, IA
- 1954–1961 ??
- Amateur Transmitter (only)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Wave bands
- Wave Bands given in the notes.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Globe King Transmitter 500 A - World Radio Laboratories WRL,
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 22 x 31 x 15 inch / 559 x 787 x 381 mm
- Covers 160 to 10 m HAM bands, 500 W AM/400 W SSB, built-in fan, mfg. by WRL Electronics Inc. Council Bluffs for World Radio Laboratories Inc. Models 500 and 500A without VFO, later models 500B and 500C with built-in VFO. VFO tubes: 6AU6 6CB6 0A2. Also 6V6 replaced by 6AG7 and keyer 12AU7 added. Latest 500C using 4-400A as final amplifier instead of 4-250A.
- Price in first year of sale
- 675.00 $
- Source of data
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 27 models, 23 with images and 19 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from World Radio Laboratories (WRL), (Globe Electronics); Council Bluffs, IA