10S464 10-S-464 Ch=1005
Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Chicago Radio Lab
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Short Wave(s) and Police.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 117 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 10 inch = 25.4 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 10S464 10-S-464 Ch=1005 - Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago,
- Console with Push Buttons.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 28.5 x 41.5 x 15.8 inch / 724 x 1054 x 401 mm
Member John Goller has reported an error in the Zenith schematics for Chassis 5808 covering models 8S443, 8S451, and 8S463. The same error is found in Chassis 1005 covering models 10S443, 10S452, 10S464, 10S470, 10S491, and 10S492, and in Chassis 1103 for model 11S474.
This error is in the Wavemagnet Antenna circuit. The Wavemagnet antenna for the above model does not have a "Wavemagnet or External" antenna switch on the antenna. It does have a Local Distance switch which grounds a 10K resistor to the cathode of the 1232 RF amp tube for distance position. The other leads from the Wavemagnet to into the radio chassis also have errors. These errors appear to have originated in the Zenith Service Manuals and have been carried forward in the Riders and Beitman schematics.
John Goller has prepared a revised schematic that shows the correct Wavemagnet Antenna circuit wiring along with the correct antenna plug pin connections. This schematic is included in the model file.
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- The Radio Collector's Directory and Price Guide 1921 - 1965
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 11 = ca. 1940 and before
- Mentioned in
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios 4. Edition
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Zenith Radio The Glory Years 1936-1945
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Pre-War Consoles
- Other Models
Here you find 4410 models, 4019 with images and 3507 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL
The model 10S464 is part of the collections of the following members.