6D015 Consoltone (6DO15Z) Ch= 6C05 (6C05Z) Walnut
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Chicago Radio Lab
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 115 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 6D015 Consoltone Ch= 6C05 [Walnut] - Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago,
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 320 x 180 x 170 mm / 12.6 x 7.1 x 6.7 inch
Color = walnut.
Suffix Z indicates an undefined number of chassis variations, where one ore more tubes of the basic complement were replaced.
Just after WW2 there was some material shortage. Zenith had to modify the basic model to accept available alternative tube types. Hence Octal, Lock-in and 7pin miniature types had to be mutually adapted by changing the sockets. Such factory modified chassis and radio models got the suffix Z. Zenith also recommended these alterations for service. Such models maintained of course the initial name without Z. All such numerous variant combinations can only be distinguished by close examination, but not by just a view.
A single chassis may contain octal, lock-in, and miniature buttom tubes. If an original tube is replaced with an alternate, the socket must also be replaced.
Listed above is the basic tube complement.
Alternatives that may be found are as follows:
12SA7GT.. 12BE6 or 14Q7
- Price in first year of sale
- 32.95 $
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- The Radio Collector's Directory and Price Guide 1921 - 1965
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 15 = 1947 and before
- Mentioned in
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios 4. Edition
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Date 8-46, Set 3, Folder 463-24)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Radio Retailing (Radio & Television R.) (March 1946 page 17.)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Machine Age to Jet Age II (page 317.)
- Literature/Schematics (4)
- -- Original prospect or advert (The Zenith Folder date unknown.)
- Other Models
Here you find 4362 models, 3981 with images and 3493 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL
The model 6D015 Consoltone (6DO15Z) is part of the collections of the following members.