K518G (the Owl) Ch= 5J03
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Chicago Radio Lab
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 117 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: K518G Ch= 5J03 - Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago,
- Tablemodel with Clock ((Alarm-) Clock Radio).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 13.25 x 5.375 x 6 inch / 337 x 137 x 152 mm
Model K518 is essentially identical to the model J514 series except that the K518 has the Zenith crest and "Zenith DeLuxe" on the front. The J514 does not have the crest and only says "Zenith"
The following models are identical except for cabinet color. Note that the model labels may not show the color letter designation.
Model Number Cabinet Color K518 Walnut K518F Green K518G Gray K518W White K518Y Black
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 4 lb 13 oz (4.813 lb) / 2.185 kg
- Mentioned in
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios (7th Edition) (page 314)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Beitman Radio Diagrams, Vol. 12, 1952 (page 163 for 5J03 chassis)
- Model page created by David Erali. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 4362 models, 3981 with images and 3493 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Zenith Radio Corp.; Chicago, IL