Calstan Ch= 549
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Zenith Radio Co. Ltd.; Sydney, NSW
- 1960 ?
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Calstan Ch= 549 - Zenith Radio Co. Ltd.; Sydney,
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
This is a "utility" model that was typically found throughout the late 1950's to 1970's in hotels and hospitals, etc. The Zenith 549 chassis (first appearing in 1954) was a mainstay for a number of years and used in various Calstan and generic store branded radios/radiograms.
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (eBay)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Vol. 13, 1955 (for 1954 models), Page 103.)
- Model page created by Gary Cowans. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 84 models, 38 with images and 10 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Zenith Radio Co. Ltd.; Sydney, NSW