grundig: 5010; ORTS-S.

ID: 264765
This article refers to the model: 5010 (Grundig (Radio-Vertrieb, RVF, Radiowerke))

? grundig: 5010; ORTS-S. 
18.Sep.11 00:36

Karl Schmitz (USA)
Articles: 41
Count of Thanks: 17

What would the function of this pushbutton be? Thanx.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

ORTS-S = Local broadcast station button 
18.Sep.11 16:08
54 from 3816

Wolfgang Scheida (A)
Editor
Articles: 616
Count of Thanks: 5

Hello,

the button ORTS-S = Ortssender = Local broadcast stations usually switches the circuit over to an enhanced bandwidth in the IF section.

In some radios a similar button forced the unit to operate as TRF only instead of a Superhet.

Just search for the junction numbers of the ORTS-S switch in the diagrams and follow them to see how it operates in detail here.

Kind regards Scheida      

Re: ORTS-S. 
18.Sep.11 20:08
78 from 3816

Karl Schmitz (USA)
Count of Thanks: 8

Thanks for the reply. Could that be "Bandbreite" that's referenced on the technical data page of the repair manual?

Re: Grundig 5010 ORTS-S. Pushbutton 
19.Sep.11 19:48
136 from 3816

Karl Schmitz (USA)
Count of Thanks: 5

I removed the bottom cover, and discovered the threaded shaft of an adjustment screw, directly in line with that so-named pushbutton.

If you depress the button, it reveals a hidden slotted screw head, to the left of the pushbutton shaft opening.

I slowly screwed it all the way in, then back, and was actually able to hear a handful of AM stations.

I have it set for WHON, 930 AM, right now, but it's not a very strong station, and has alot of hiss and hum in the background. (This station's physically located in Centerville, IN; about 60 miles due south of where we live.)

I don't think, that without an external antenna, the reception's likely to get much better. Any other ideas to improve the AM signal reception?

Anyway, at least that's a start. I'm not sure if I'm setting it, properly, and it looks like just the one fixed setting is possible. Thanks for any guidance, or help.

Attachments: