grundig: 5040W (5040 W);

ID: 230663
This article refers to the model: 5040W (Grundig (Radio-Vertrieb, RVF, Radiowerke))

? grundig: 5040W (5040 W);  
27.Sep.10 18:16

Karl Schmitz (USA)
Articles: 41
Count of Thanks: 6

Hello. I own a Grundig 5040-W that's been fully-restored, though recently, some dial glass markings were inadvertently "rubbed off", when the inside of the dial glass was cleaned. :( While it's intact, the dial glass is now "damaged" by the missing print. Would anyone happen to have an extra dial glass for this model, they'd be willing to get rid of? Thanx!

Karl Schmitz

Geneva, IN

USA

Attachments:

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

? scan 
27.Sep.10 19:34
23 from 4351

Martin Renz (D)
Officer
Articles: 694
Count of Thanks: 5
Martin Renz

Hello Karl,

I have no dial glass, but you can find a scan of the dial glass here. You can print it on a sheet of foil and use it until you find an original glass. You can find several glasses if you use the standard search field and search for "skalenglas":

search

You find the models best if you use this button:

schematics

the pictures section is less usefull, as their resolution is too low (max. 933 px) and it is hard to find the right model.

Otherwise you can use the "market" to ask our members for a dial glass, as this post will soon be out of view.

yours

Martin

This thread was moved automatically. 

This question was moved automatically to the board "Talk" to get more possibilities for answers.

Moved from board »RADIO MODELS DISPLAYED« on 03.Oct.10 19:34 from automatically 

no response? 
05.Oct.10 19:10
170 from 4351

Martin Renz (D)
Officer
Articles: 694
Count of Thanks: 9
Martin Renz

As there is no response, I close this thread.

This thread was moved back manually because it received a valid answer. 

Moved from board »* TALK - visible for members only« on 07.Oct.10 04:52 from Mark Hippenstiel 

Grundig 5040-W Dial Glass 
26.Nov.10 01:58
358 from 4351

Karl Schmitz (USA)
Articles: 41
Count of Thanks: 3

UPDATE: I was able to get an excellent replacement dial glass, out of a Grundig 5040-GW/3D I recently purchased on eBay. A bit pricey, but I was able to pull off some other spare parts, for future use. The parts donor chassis is soon headed to Frank Karner, in Oklahoma. [He sells some nice radios on eBay (okradios)]

Karl Schmitz

Geneva, IN

USA