ID: 122450
grundig: 7035/USA (7035USA); Majestic 
30.Sep.06 13:28

Robert Sarbell † 22.3.22 (USA)
Articles: 363
Count of Thanks: 5
Robert Sarbell † 22.3.22

Hello and Good morning Philip,

I wish to clarify again - and I hope finally - That in my email to you I stated that SOME Grundig radios were sold in the US military exchanges  (the PX "post exchange" for US Army personnel; and through the BX "base exchange" for US Air Force personnel). However, the Grundig Majestic series Models "xxxxUSA" were NEVER sold in the US military exchanges any where. They were strictly imported into the US and sold through various outlets - and not SEARS!!  The items sold through the exchange only would be identified with the model number followed by the suffix PX.

If the same item was sold on a US  Air Force installation, it would still have the PX suffix - because the contracting was performed by the AAFES (Army and Air  Force Exchange Service).

I also know that there were concession stores operated on many of the larger US military installations, and in most of the concessions there could be some authorized Grundig sales outlets in which authorized personnel could purchase some of the Grundig products.  An individual could purchase a "domestic" (inland) model Grundig and return to the US with a Grundig model that was NOT available otherwise in the US. 

Walter is exactly correct - the 7035WE or typically most any "WE-suffixed model" will not have the exact circuitry as a xxxxUSA model.

Respectfully,
Robert
This article was edited 30.Sep.06 05:16 by Robert Sarbell .

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

grundig r r 340 al stereo l 
12.Oct.06 15:21

Maitiu Standun (IRL)
Articles: 160
Maitiu Standun

hello robert , i have a grundig of the above model  and no,which i rescued from a builders dumpster , ,

its made from red plastic , with a tape deck and two speakers , ive restored it and have it working fine , except for the handle which was missing ,

ive searched archives for this model and dont see it any where , wonder would it be one of the spurious sets that have been made of late , allthough it looks like a 70s set and plays very well , and seems to be of excellent quality , any info u might have on this will be received gratefully ,

fondest regards maitiu

14.Oct.06 15:40

Robert Sarbell † 22.3.22 (USA)
Articles: 363
Robert Sarbell † 22.3.22

Hello Maitiu,

According to the google search that I just performed, your Grundig RR340AL is the portable stereo radio cassette player with AM/FM.

According to my SAMS Photofact master indexes there is no listing for any of the Grundig "RRxxx" models imported into the US.

There is a web site which lists many manuals, including a few variants for the RR340 series; however, their Service manuals cost $16.95 . . . . . . . we typically prefer to share the technical data on a "gratis" basis.

http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Grundig+RR340&forward=plist

I know there is an RMorg member who might be gracious enough to possibly send you a copy of the tech data for this Grundig product. I understand that his collection of Grundig "tape" products is "WITHOUT EQUAL".  I must also add that he has been very gracious to me.

Respectfully,
Robert
I believe he may prefer to remain anonymous,. So, I hope you receive contact shortly.

grundig  
22.Oct.06 22:19

Maitiu Standun (IRL)
Articles: 160
Maitiu Standun

thank you very much robert , best regards Maitiu

RR340AL 
29.Oct.06 08:40

Ernst Erb (CH)
Officer
Articles: 5742
Count of Thanks: 7
Ernst Erb

Dear Robert and Maitiu

I still don't find the model in our database. Who of you will bring it in?
RMorg can only grow if we bring in new models or enhance/correct existing ones.
Therefore please help - also if you see others not uploading a model being discussed.

Thank you.