? Grundig C4100 Tape, Radio issues 
28.Aug.20 08:25

Uday Kalburgi (IND)
Articles: 98
Count of Thanks: 4
Uday Kalburgi

Hi,

Greetings from Bangalore, India.

I am trying to restore solid state Grundig C4100 Tape/Radio. The power section looks to be out. Nothing is happening on any front. mains to Battery switch is also faulty, loks like capacitors are to be replaced.

To access the capacitors, I have to remove dial plate and all the holding plastic pins are brittle. the tuning capacitor wheel is also broken and earlier someone has repaired it. 

Need advise, should I leave it as it is or taking out everything, breaking the plastic, look, tuning wheel repair, will become repair , which I hate to do. These parts are available any where? 

Looking for advise

Warm Regards

Uday K

Attachments:

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Grundig C4100 Tape, Radio issues 
29.Aug.20 14:08
77 from 977

Marc Gianella (CH)
Articles: 325
Count of Thanks: 3

Dear Mr. Kalburgi

I can't give you an advice because I don't know the value of such a radio in India.

As I own such a model in a relatively bad state but complete, I can offer you the replacement parts you will need.
With my radio, the mains and the audio amplifier seem to be working. The radio doesn't, perhaps because the switches are corroded. Only part missing is the outermost segment of the telescopic antenna.

I'd give you the whole radio for free, but the postage to India is way too much. Sending some parts up to a total weight of 500g is reasonable.
So the mentioned Plug, the mains/battery switch, the tuning cap wheel, every mechanical part you might need is here in functional state.

Please let me know if and what parts you need.

Kind regards and greatings from Switzerland

Marc

Grundig C4100 Tape, Radio issues 
30.Aug.20 14:12
134 from 977

Uday Kalburgi (IND)
Articles: 98
Count of Thanks: 3
Uday Kalburgi

Good Eveing Marc,

So nice of you !! Thank you so much !!. 

Giving is something very noble action.  I sincerely appriciate your help.

I would like to pickup whole set and will pay postage and any other additional expenses. 

We have to wait till air cargo/post  to start. My Austrilian Post is also stuck !!. Hopefully Covid goes off soon.

I will be in touch with you Sir !!

Warm Regards

Uday K