Gunther Stabe passed away 19th of August 2020

ID: 543546
27.Aug.20 11:52

Mark Hippenstiel (D)
Articles: 1251
Count of Thanks: 4
Mark Hippenstiel

It's with a heavy heart that I have to announce that our friend and colleague Gunther rather suddenly passed away at the age of 76 (EE's post in German here).

Gunther was the driving force behind the integration of semiconductors into our database; he created more than 28,000 pages and has contributed extensively not only by researching and filling in data but also with his profound knowledge and professional initiative.

He also expertly documented the Lectron series of electronics kits (also sold by Raytheon in the USAand Inelco in Italy) - see this post in German.

His friendly and professional nature and approach made him very pleasant to work with, and he will be dearly missed, both as a person and as one of the active members of radiomuseum.

Our thoughts and condolences go out to his family and those who knew him.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

27.Aug.20 21:42
50 from 1426

Emilio Ciardiello (I)
Editor
Articles: 533
Count of Thanks: 2
Emilio Ciardiello

What sad news! He alone built almost the entire semiconductor database with patience and dedication, working to his end.

Emilio

27.Sep.20 16:34
268 from 1426

Mike Edwards † 25.10.21 (GB)
Articles: 56

It was very sad news indeed to learn of the passing of Günther Stabe.

He was another one of the hard working contributors to the Radio Museum, and his dedicated work with semiconductors will be a fitting reminder of the hard work he put in to the Museum.

My condolences go to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace Günther Stabe.

Mike Edwards
RM UK administration

02.Feb.21 22:07
526 from 1426

Michael Peters (USA)
Articles: 4
Count of Thanks: 1

Guenther's Bio

Guenther was a great friend and research colleague for the Lectron System.  The above link is a more comprehensive biography written by Guenther in 2014 at my request.

He was a brilliant engineer and his kind will not come this way again any time soon.  I was privilged to call him my friend.

God bless you Guenther and thank you so much for all your help in the past.

Respectfully,
Michael Peters

02.Feb.21 22:29
536 from 1426

Eilert Menke (D)
Articles: 1039

Thanks for Günthers biography.

It is really very regretable that this charismatic person and valuable colleague left us so early. We can thank him very much for his cooperation and keep him in good memory. He lives with his work on here. Also his name will always be associated with Lectron. Nice that we got to know him and could worked with him.

12.Feb.21 05:20
664 from 1426

Omer Suleimanagich (USA)
Articles: 429
Count of Thanks: 1
Omer Suleimanagich

I would like to thank Gunther for his help in resurecting a Fisher 600 solid state receiver a few years back, and actuelly sending me a few rare germanium transistors for it!

One of the unsung heros of our hobby, is the brief and unappreciated designs for electronic devices using germanium sold state of the 1960's ( that lasted until the early 1990's in Eastern Europe)

There are so many radios and audio equipment that are out there, that could appreciate some love from us by restoring to working condition again

BTW hardly any designer in the early 1960's tempted to put together a solid state tuner, because vacuum tubes could out perform most radio designs that were available  Knowing this, Gunther's picture in front of the FM radio schematic says it all!

a belated RIP from America!