philco: Philco 37-630X

ID: 295132
This article refers to the model: 37-630X (Philco, Philadelphia Stg. Batt. Co.; USA)

? philco: Philco 37-630X 
13.Aug.12 23:48

Gary Oprendek (USA)
Articles: 3
Count of Thanks: 10

i just picked up a philco 37-630x. it is in rough shape. I need to get the shadowmeter and knobs for it. does anyone know where i can get these parts?

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

Mission impossible? 
14.Aug.12 23:33
28 from 2998

Ernst Erb (CH)
Officer
Articles: 5742
Count of Thanks: 5
Ernst Erb

Dear Gary
That is not an easy go! Did you look through the list of Suppliers?
Might be you have a good response in the ARF forum. Are you a member there?
It would be easy.

philco 37-630x 
15.Aug.12 03:50
38 from 2998

Gary Oprendek (USA)
Count of Thanks: 10

thanks. i will check there. i have another question.can you tell me how many ohms the speaker (10") is. I cant seem to find it anywhere in the schematics. the speaker i have has a tear in it and i will see about repairing it. if i cant and it costs less to get a new speaker as opposed to reconing it i need to figure out how many ohms it is. and if i would still need to attach the hum coil to the new speaker. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. i am just getting into restoring old radios and am not very electronics savvy. i am still learning how to read a schematic.

thanks!

Gary

Also a big problem 
15.Aug.12 10:06
47 from 2998

Ernst Erb (CH)
Officer
Count of Thanks: 12
Ernst Erb

If the ohms are not given in the schematic and you can not measure them or know the type number (exactly), you can only ask an other owner. With a hum coil I can not at all recommend to change for an "ordinary" loudspeaker.

But with Radiomuseum.org you have the unique system (like so many others) that you see immediately who has this set in his collection - and it is even a member in the USA. Only members can reach the profile and mostly the members do not hide the eMail address for other members... But in this case I can help you by sending him your request. He then can decide if he wants to give you his eMail address.

Diagramm is the solution 
15.Aug.12 11:41
59 from 2998

Hans M. Knoll (D)
Editor
Articles: 2163
Count of Thanks: 7
Hans M. Knoll

Diagramm on Modelsite say 1140 Ohms

knoll

Attachments:

philco 37-630x  
01.Sep.12 03:20
198 from 2998

Gary Oprendek (USA)
Count of Thanks: 4

thanks so much for your help. feel freee to send him my email address

Direct contact 
01.Sep.12 10:41
249 from 2998

Ernst Erb (CH)
Officer
Count of Thanks: 5
Ernst Erb

Dear Gary
It seems that my explanation was not good enough:
You can take up a direct contact with the owner by going to the model page - here in red top right - and seeing who has such a set - then going to the member list, entering his name and copying his eMail address.
I checked with the rights as a "normal" member and he has - as should be - left his eMail address open - which is anyway only possible to see for logged in members ... :-)
Good luck!