philips: BX998A; Bi-Ampli

ID: 255731
philips: BX998A; Bi-Ampli 
01.Jun.11 21:26

Henk van 't Kruis (NL)
Articles: 5
Count of Thanks: 9
Henk van 't Kruis

On request I started with the translation of the BX998A from Dutch into English. within 2 weeks the document is ready for the users here.

Also I just have revised a BX998A and is works like it was, just from the factory. I will store here the restoration story also.

gr. Henk

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

translation 
07.Jun.11 19:10
99 from 3059

Paul E. Pinyot † 2013 (USA)
Articles: 187
Count of Thanks: 5
Paul E. Pinyot  † 2013

gr. Henk

Have you comlleted the translation of the alignment instructions?  I am starting the alignment today. 

First I am replacing all the bad or carboned lamps.  Wow, it is not simple.  There are different voltage lamps.  Some appear to be in series.  soback to the shemativcs for now.

Paul

Update:  I managed to complete the IF and AM band alignments last night found on page 8.  It was relatively easy to deduce the Band, Frequency adjustment points and the intended adjustment.  I need to complete alignments from page 9 and beyond. 

One difficulty is not knowing where to set the band width.  So I set it in the middle at the "dart" or diamond point in the middle of the scale.

My translation has both Bass and Treble set to minimum for the 452 khz IF alignment.

Today I will try and translate pages 9 and perform the alignments.

English documents 
15.Feb.15 09:52
888 from 3059

Thomas Engelhardt (D)
Count of Thanks: 8
Thomas Engelhardt

Hello Henk,

I have recently purchased a Bi-Ampli 998A and noticed the related documents on this site are all in Dutch. Since I saw your post from about 4 years ago on translation into English, I kindly would like to ask if you could provide me with a copy? 

In advance thanks for your help!

Regards

Thomas

BNX998A  
15.Feb.15 20:55
948 from 3059

Henk van 't Kruis (NL)
Articles: 5
Count of Thanks: 4
Henk van 't Kruis

Hello Thomas,

Tomorrow, I will place the article on RMORG.