ID: 172611
philips: PHILIPS 2510  
11.Sep.08 17:16

José Bustos (RCH)
Articles: 41
Count of Thanks: 9
José Bustos

Hi everybody:

I bought this beatiful radio many years ago but unfortunately has a cutted C443 (output tube).
I tried to obtain a good one but it is hard to find and expensive to me.
Finally I decided to replace this tube with transitors (awful solution but no way). Would you someone give me hints, also a schematic to get it?

The idea is to build a small transistorized amplifier in order to substitute the operation of the C443 output tube, using the voltages provided for  the radio (there are 4VAC or 300 VDC), and install it at the bottom of the chassis (hide). The exhausted tube will be on the right place.

I enclosed the Philips 2510 schematic taken from RMorg.

I really want this old radio playing again!!!

Thank you very much in advance.

José
Attachments:

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

11.Sep.08 18:02

Henning Oelkers (D)
Editor
Articles: 603
Count of Thanks: 8
Henning Oelkers

Hi, José,

if You are not able to obtain the requested Tube, or if it's just too expensive, then You may wish to use a modern Type Tube instead.

There is a "PL95", designed for AF Output Amplifier, used in TV Sets . The Heater is 4,5 Volts / 0,3 Amp, this shoud work in Your Radio. The Grid Voltage needs to be adjusted to have the correct Anode Current.

You may try to find such Tube at Your prefered Tube Dealer. If You cannot find this Toube, then i have a few used ones, which i can ship to You, if You like.

If You need further Assistance, please let me know.

Best Regards from Germany,

Henning

The

12.Sep.08 03:58

José Bustos (RCH)
Articles: 41
Count of Thanks: 6
José Bustos

Hi Henning:

Thanks for your kind and soon answer.

Yes, it is an option. I used a 42 tube and works good (on despite of the heather voltage).

But I would like putting the old tube keeping the originality of the radio, and install an hidden transistorized amplifier (at bottom of the chassis).

Thanks again.

José from Chile