Please click your language flag. Bitte Sprachflagge klicken.

Replace EY82 with EY80

Jacob Roschy Martin Renz Ernst Erb Bernhard Nagel Eilert Menke 
Please click the blue info button to read more about this page.
Forum » Valves / tubes - Semiconductors » VALVES/TUBES / SEMICONDUCTORS in RADIOMUSEUM » Replace EY82 with EY80
Joaquín Méndez
E  Articles: 1
Schem.: 4
Pict.: 27
12.Apr.20 19:52

Count of Thanks: 2
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   1

Could you use this EY80 valve (damper, booster, flyback diode on TV receivers) as a normal rectifier on a radio receiver, to replace an EY82, to get 180mA at 250v? Thank you.

Jacob Roschy
Jacob Roschy
D  Articles: 1669
Schem.: 17
Pict.: 68
12.Apr.20 20:36

Count of Thanks: 1
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   2

Hello Joaquín,

yes, this should work. The EY80 can withstand a much higher peak inverse voltage as the EY82.

Best Regards,