saba: 125-Stereo; Freiburg Vollautomatic

ID: 157056
This article refers to the model: Freiburg Vollautomatic 125-Stereo (SABA; Villingen)

saba: 125-Stereo; Freiburg Vollautomatic 
22.Jan.08 12:47

Bryan McAlley (GB)
Articles: 41
Count of Thanks: 5

As this radio has no stereo decoder, what happens when you press the "stereo" button on VHF? On mine, the volume drops, but I can hear no other change in the sound quality.  Bryan

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

22.Jan.08 16:26

Martin Renz (D)
Officer
Articles: 694
Martin Renz

This function is for listening records in stereo only. You get two separate channels from record/line input to the loudspeakers. The center tweeter is turned of, when stereo is pressed.
Martin

23.Jan.08 01:01

Bryan McAlley (GB)
Count of Thanks: 9

Martin - thanks! That makes sense. I now realise that I shall have to find one of the very last Freiburgs (an 18) to have pure stereo sound!! Bryan 

25.Jan.08 21:23

Mike Izycky (GB)
Articles: 85
Count of Thanks: 8
Mike Izycky

Bryan,

you could go for a Freiburg 14 - they have a decoder as an option if I recall correctly, mine was ready fitted with one but you can always find one to fit later if you find a Freiburg 14 without one.

If I recall correctly, on some of the earlier stereo Freiburgs switching from stereo to mono changed the configuration of the output stage from 2x single-ended output stages (for listening to stereo records/tapes, as Martin said) to a mono push-pull output stage.

Regards,

Mike.

25.Jan.08 22:47

Hans M. Knoll (D)
Editor
Articles: 2163
Count of Thanks: 10
Hans M. Knoll

Hello Mr Izycky

This function has, Fribourg's 125 Automatic, exactly.

Stereo 2 x single ended (for listening to stereo records/tapes)
Mono (Radio) Ultra-Linear push-pull mode l

mfG knoll

26.Jan.08 01:37

Bryan McAlley (GB)
Count of Thanks: 9

Hello Mike!

What a small world! I bought a Bush radio from you several years ago and am a big fan of your Bush site!  Thanks for the advice - I've got my eye on a Freiburg 18 at the moment and, if successful, will probably sell the 125. All the best, Bryan

12.Mar.08 18:47

Bryan McAlley (GB)

Well - I now have a Freiburg 18 with a stereo decoder which works very well, but I much prefer the appearance of the 125! So - can I put the chassis of the Freiburg 18 into the case of the 125 so that I get the benefit of the later technology within the older case??

Bryan