radiomuseum.org
Please click your language flag. Bitte Sprachflagge klicken.

sony: ICF-5500M / Captain 55: FM transmitter

Moderators:
Martin Renz Ernst Erb Vincent de Franco Martin Bösch Bernhard Nagel Otmar Jung Heribert Jung Eilert Menke 

Please click the blue info button to read more about this page.
Forum » Radios and other type of sets (Physics) etc. » MODELS DISPLAYED » sony: ICF-5500M / Captain 55: FM transmitter

Pieter de Jong

NL  Articles: 8
Schem.: 25
Pict.: 1
14.Sep.09 11:11

Count of Thanks: 13
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   1

Versions of the ICF-5500M exist that have a function of short range FM transmitter/receiver. It can be compared to a CB transceiver. The little plate that says "Captain 55" is not there, but instead there is a push-down switch that switches the radio in FM transmitter mode.

It seems that this was popular in Japan.

This article was edited 14.Sep.09 11:49 by Pieter de Jong .

Bernhard Nagel
Bernhard Nagel
Officer
D  Articles: 1598
Schem.: 2398
Pict.: 7141
14.Sep.09 13:41

Count of Thanks: 25
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   2

This model with FM transmitter function exists also in RMorg: Sony ICF-5500.

Pieter de Jong

14.Sep.09 13:46

Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   3

I tried to answer to the first version of your post this:

"

My apologies to mr. Salvador Galan-Ocaña.  Because a few minutes after my addition to the Sony model ICF5500M, I discovered that he has entered exactly this model (the model with the FM transmitter) to RM.org.

Bernhard, you can find the model I refered to, here:

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sony_icf_5500.html

I have mailed RM.org at once about my mistake. Later this day I will delete my information or (if that is not possible) ask a moderator to do that....

"

The site would not let me post this. But now I see why: you were editing your post.

P.S. You deleted your first version of your post without a trace - but IMHO it is better not to do that, because that can be confusing to other readers, and myself.

This article was edited 14.Sep.09 13:50 by Pieter de Jong .

Bernhard Nagel
Bernhard Nagel
Officer
D  Articles: 1598
Schem.: 2398
Pict.: 7141
14.Sep.09 14:39

Count of Thanks: 7
Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   4

Dear Peter,

since no reaction to my first post arrives, I deleted the post few minutes after recognizing the existence of the Sony ICF-5500 in RMorg. I don't realize that your answer was on the way nearly the same time... You're right, this can be a source of confusing to others, a correction should always be the better way. I apologise this... thanks.

Bernhard

Pieter de Jong

14.Sep.09 19:33

Reply  |  You aren't logged in. (Guest)   5

Bernhard,

Yes, that is what happened. A well, things like this can occur. No big problem.

Now about the FM transmitter in this special Japanese Sony ICF5500 model. I would like to see the circuit but that seems not te be available.

rmXorg