sony: ICF-5500M / Captain 55: FM transmitter

ID: 199864
This article refers to the model: Captain 55 ICF-5500M (Sony Corporation; Tokyo)

sony: ICF-5500M / Captain 55: FM transmitter 
14.Sep.09 11:11

Pieter de Jong (NL)
Articles: 8
Count of Thanks: 13

Versions of the ICF-5500M exist that have a function of short range FM transmitter/receiver. It can be compared to a CB transceiver. The little plate that says "Captain 55" is not there, but instead there is a push-down switch that switches the radio in FM transmitter mode.

It seems that this was popular in Japan.

To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.

ICF-5500 
14.Sep.09 13:41

Bernhard Nagel (D)
Officer
Articles: 1685
Count of Thanks: 25
Bernhard Nagel

This model with FM transmitter function exists also in RMorg: Sony ICF-5500.

you noticed already - I was busy posting what you post now.. 
14.Sep.09 13:46

Pieter de Jong (NL)

I tried to answer to the first version of your post this:

"

My apologies to mr. Salvador Galan-Ocaña.  Because a few minutes after my addition to the Sony model ICF5500M, I discovered that he has entered exactly this model (the model with the FM transmitter) to RM.org.

Bernhard, you can find the model I refered to, here:

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sony_icf_5500.html

I have mailed RM.org at once about my mistake. Later this day I will delete my information or (if that is not possible) ask a moderator to do that....

"

The site would not let me post this. But now I see why: you were editing your post.

P.S. You deleted your first version of your post without a trace - but IMHO it is better not to do that, because that can be confusing to other readers, and myself.

Sorry for the confusion 
14.Sep.09 14:39

Bernhard Nagel (D)
Officer
Articles: 1685
Count of Thanks: 7
Bernhard Nagel

Dear Peter,

since no reaction to my first post arrives, I deleted the post few minutes after recognizing the existence of the Sony ICF-5500 in RMorg. I don't realize that your answer was on the way nearly the same time... You're right, this can be a source of confusing to others, a correction should always be the better way. I apologise this... thanks.

Bernhard

Sorry for the confusion  
14.Sep.09 19:33

Pieter de Jong (NL)

Bernhard,

Yes, that is what happened. A well, things like this can occur. No big problem.

Now about the FM transmitter in this special Japanese Sony ICF5500 model. I would like to see the circuit but that seems not te be available.