telefunken: Telefunken Opus 5550/2550 Chassis Removal
? telefunken: Telefunken Opus 5550/2550 Chassis Removal
I have a Telefunken Opus 5550 MX stereo, and I'm trying to remove the chassis from the cabinet for cleaning and restoration work. It seems like the 5550 was the US version of the 2550, so I'm hoping to reach a wider audience with 2550 in the title.
I can remove the smaller chassis that contains the power transformer/OPTs/EL95s, but the main chassis is blocked from sliding out the back of the cabinet. The dial glass is set in a groove in the wall of the cabinet on each side, so I can only scoot it back maybe an inch before the dial glass is right up against the back of the groove.
I've tried a few different angles, and it doesn't seem like it's going to conveniently come out unless I remove one or both thin wood rails that I believe were meant for the front door to sit on when in the up position. My unit doesn't have the door :)
How do I remove the chassis from the cabinet? Do I need to remove one of those wood rails first so I can lift the dial glass up and over the groove it's sitting in?
I really appreciate the help!
To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.
This thread was moved automatically.
telefunken: Telefunken Opus 5550/2550 Chassis Removal
I figured it out. There are two bolts on the underside of the cabinet, one on each outter edge. They're the biggest bolts you'll see down there. All I had to do was unscrew those, and the three sides of the cabinet lifted up easily from from the bottom plank of wood. The side walls sit on metal pegs, so reassembly was easy.
To thank the Author because you find the post helpful or well done.