radiomuseum.org

 
Please click your language flag. Bitte Sprachflagge klicken.

Nederlands Spoorwegmuseum - NSM

3581 XW Utrecht, Netherlands (Utrecht)

Address Maliebaanstation
 
 
Floor area unfortunately not known yet  
 
Museum typ Exhibition
Railway
  • Steam engines/generators/pumps
  • Mining
  • Model Railway


Opening times
Tuesday - Sunday: 10am - 5pm.
Dinsdag - Zondag: 10 - 17 uur.

Admission
Status from 12/2018
€ 17,50; Children under the age of 4: free admission (except for Thomas and Chuggington events)
Toegangsprijs € 17,50; Kinderen t/m 3 jaar: gratis

Contact
Tel.:+31-30-230-62 06  eMail:info spoorwegmuseum.nl  

Homepage www.spoorwegmuseum.nl

Our page for Nederlands Spoorwegmuseum - NSM in Utrecht, Netherlands, is not yet administrated by a Radiomuseum.org member. Please write to us about your experience with this museum, for corrections of our data or sending photos by using the Contact Form to the Museum Finder.

Location / Directions
N52.087952° E5.131065°N52°5.27712' E5°7.86390'N52°5'16.6272" E5°7'51.8340"

Shuttle train The shuttle train runs every day, once per hour, between Utrecht CS and the Railway Museum (Utrecht Maliebaan). The first train departs at 9.47 am from Utrecht CS, platform 1.

PLEASE NOTE: You have to buy a separate ticket for this train. These tickets are available from NS touch screen ticket machines, at NS ticket offices and at the ticket office of the Railway Museum.

NS ticket machine At the NS ticket machine the ticket can be found under the button ‘actie’.

Prices Return ticket Utrecht CS – The Railway Museum (Maliebaanstation), entrance museum included.

* Price (>4 years): € 16.-
* Children under 4: free

PLEASE NOTE: Normal train tickets and railrunner tickets are NOT valid! By bus: You can also reach the museum by taking the GVU bus 3 from Utrecht CS towards Homeruslaan and getting off at Maliebaan bus stop.

On foot: It takes about 20 minutes to walk from Utrecht CS to the Railway Museum

Parking lot Parking at the car park of the Railway Museum costs € 4.50 a day. Parking coins can be bought at the ticket office.

Please note that the car park has space for 200 vehicles and fills quickly when busy, so you may need to park elsewhere. We therefore recommend you to come by train during holidays. A train departs from Utrecht CS to the Railway Museum every hour.

Location / Directions
(other)

Pendeltrein

De pendeltrein rijdt op openingsdagen één keer per uur tussen Utrecht CS en Het Spoorwegmuseum (Utrecht Maliebaan). De eerste trein vertrekt om 9.47 uur vanaf Utrecht CS. De pendeltrein rijdt van dinsdag t/m zondag. Tijdens de officiele schoolvakanties ook op de maandag. Kijk op de vertrekstaten op Utrecht CS voor het juiste vertrekperron.

LET OP: voor deze trein moet u een apart kaartje kopen. Deze zijn te koop bij de NS-kaartautomaat, de NS-balie en bij de kassa van Het Spoorwegmuseum.

Combiticket bij NS kaartautomaat In de NS-kaartautomaat is een combiticket te vinden onder de knop ‘actie’. LET OP: Het Combiticket is een dagretour van Utrecht CS naar Het Spoorwegmuseum (Station Maliebaan), inclusief toegang tot het museum.

Pendeltrein prijzen:

* Vanaf 4 jaar: € 16,00 (combiticket)
* Kinderen t/m 3 jaar: gratis
* Museumkaart en ICOM: € 1,50
* Los dagretour pendeltrein: € 1,50

LET OP: OV Chipkaart, normale treinkaartjes en railrunnerkaartjes zijn NIET geldig!

Met de auto:

Navigatiesysteem: vul in Johan van Oldenbarneveltlaan 1

Parkeren: het parkeerterrein van Het Spoorwegmuseum heeft 200 parkeerplaatsen.

Tijdens drukke dagen is het parkeerterrein snel vol. Het is wel mogelijk in de omgeving te parkeren. Voor parkeertarieven klik op de website van de gemeente.

Met de bus:

Het museum is vanaf Utrecht CS bereikbaar met GVU buslijn 3, richting Homeruslaan, halte Maliebaan.

Te voet:

Vanaf Utrecht CS is het circa 20 minuten wandelen

Description

Text from Wikipedia 2/2012:
The Nederlands Spoorwegmuseum (literally, Dutch Railway Museum) is the Dutch national railway museum. It was established in 1927; since 1954 it has been housed in the "Maliebaan station", a former station in Utrecht.
 

History

The museum was established in 1927 and was initially located in one of the main buildings of the Nederlandse Spoorwegen (Dutch National Railroad) in Utrecht. At that time, the collection consisted mostly of pictures, documents, and small objects. In the 1930s the first steps were taken to conserve old historically significant rail equipment. A portion of this collection was lost during World War II.
 

Expansion and renovation

Over the years, more rail equipment and also tram equipment was added to the museum, and in the 1960s the plaza in front of the building was filled with rolling stock, which suffered much from the weather. An initial improvement, in 1975, was the construction of a roofed platform behind the building. In 1977 the museum was expanded with a pedestrian bridge, allowing access to an exhibit area on the other side of the freight rail tracks behind the main building. The space in front of the building was then converted to a parking lot.

Between 1988 and 1989 a major renovation was undertaken. The interior of the station building was completely redone according to the modern views of that time. This version was in place through 2003. In addition, the back lot was integrated into the museum and a "railway landscape" was built there. It also became possible to take rides, both in model trains and full sized ones. Additional buildings were added, such as the signal house from Hoogezand-Sappemeer, and a crossing guard house from Elst. One of the oldest railroad bridges, from Halfweg, was also included. Finally, rail service between the main railroad station of Utrecht and the Maliebaan station(the museum) was established.

Later additions, in the 1990s, were two cargo barns, one of which now houses a restaurant, and a new building on the back lot with a large model railroad. The growing collection of rolling stock was largely restored, and partly returned to operating condition.

The most recent major remodeling

Remodeling of the Nederlands Spoorwegmuseum in Utrecht (2004, Photo by Hans de Kroon)In 2002 a decision was made to do yet another major remodeling of the museum. The station building was closed in September 2003, gutted, and then largely restored to the way it looked in the 19th century, with the addition of the "Royal waiting room" moved there from the "Staatsspoor" railroad station of The Hague, which was demolished in 1973.
 

The new building

During the 2002 remodeling, the back lot was also largely cleared, and completely renovated. A large new museum building was constructed, which now contains four "worlds":

1. The great discovery (the early years in the 19th century)
2. Dream travels (the glory days of international trains around 1900)
3. Steel monsters (the 1930s and 1940s)
4. The workshop (large hall with trains)

The presentation was redesigned to appeal much more to the general public, especially visitors with children, and to be interesting for corporate events and the like. The technical and historical substance of the museum has become a lower priority. The collection now serves mainly as a kind of "background" for visitors.

Much attention was given to decoration. The choice was made to offer "a little of everything" to appeal to the general public. judging from the sharp increase in attendance since the reopening in June 2005, it would seem this goal has been achieved.


Description
(other)

Text from Wikipedia 2/2012:
Het Spoorwegmuseum (voorheen Nederlands Spoorwegmuseum (NSM)) is sinds 1954 gevestigd in het in 1874 gebouwde Maliebaanstation aan de Oosterspoorweg in de Nederlandse stad Utrecht.
 

De laatste grote verbouwing

In 2002 werd besloten het museum opnieuw ingrijpend te verbouwen. Het stationsgebouw uit 1874 werd na de sluiting in september 2003 weer geheel leeggehaald en nu grotendeels teruggebracht in de 19e eeuwse staat, aangevuld met de Koninklijke wachtkamer afkomstig uit het in 1973 gesloopte station Den Haag Staatsspoor.

Onderdelen van het stationsgebouw:

* Stationshal
* Bestelgoederengang
* Eetzaal
* Wachtkamer 3e klasse
* Wachtkamer 1e en 2e klasse
* Koninklijke wachtkamer

Het achterterrein, met de voormalige rangeerterreinen en werkplaatsen van de NS, werd ook voor het grootste deel ontruimd en geheel nieuw ingericht. Er kwam een groot nieuw museumgebouw met het industriële karakter van een negentiende-eeuwse spoorwerkplaats. Het nieuwe gebouw biedt onderdak aan de gehele collectie aan treinen en locomotieven van het museum.

Het landschap rond het gebouw is vormgegeven als een spoorlandschap waarin diverse publieke functies een plek hebben gekregen. Zo is er onder meer een terras aanwezig, een kinderspeelplaats, de jumbo-express, een draaischijf, een labyrint met oude stationsbeelden en een evenemententerrein. Nabij het bestaande seinhuis uit Hoogezand-Sappemeer is tevens een watertoren verschenen.

Onderdelen van het nieuwe gebouw:

* congreszaal en foyer
* theater
* de werkplaats
* de remise
* centrale
* werelden met exposities
* open depots
* bibliotheek
* winkel
* modelzolder
* enkele kantoren

 

Collectie spoorwegmaterieel

Het Spoorwegmuseum beschikt inmiddels over een grote en gevarieerde collectie rollend materieel. De materieelcollectie is te groot om op de toch nog beperkte ruimte geheel getoond te worden. Daarom is een groot deel van de collectie tramrijtuigen in het afgelopen decennium afgestoten en een deel van het spoorwegmaterieel is elders in depot ondergebracht of in bruikleen bij museumspoorlijnen. Het wel aanwezige materieel staat niet meer zoals vroeger soort bij soort maar vrij willekeurig door elkaar.

De collectie rollend materieel bevat onder meer stoomlocomotieven, elektrische locomotieven, locomotoren, diesellocomotieven, motorrijtuigen, treinstellen, rijtuigen, goederenwagons en enkele trams.


Radiomuseum.org presents here one of the many museum pages. We try to bring data for your direct information about all that is relevant. In the list (link above right) you find the complete listing of museums related to "Radio & Co." we have information of. Please help us to be complete and up to date by using the contact form above.

[dsp_museum_detail.cfm]

  
rmXorg