- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon
- Audio Amplifier or -mixer
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Quad
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Hi-Fi equipment
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110 or 120 or 130 or 220 or 230 or 240 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Power out
- 200 W (undistorted)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 405-2 - Acoustical Manufacturing Co.
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 340.5 x 115 x 195 mm / 13.4 x 4.5 x 7.7 inch
A stereo power amplifier with output power of 2 x 100 watts into 8 ohms. "Current Dumping" design. The amplifier is intended for use with loudspeakers of 4-16 ohm nominal impedance. 4 pin DIN input socket (RCA sockets on late examples), 4mm banana plug sockets for 1 pair of loudspeakers.
Power and distortion for various frequencies.
Continuous sine wave into 8Ω resistive load.
100 Hz any level up to 100 watts < 0.01% Distortion
1000 Hz any level up to 100 watts < 0.01% Distortion
10,000 Hz any level up to 100 watts < 0.05% Distortion
Ref. 1 kHz
Low frequency -1 dB at 20 Hz. Filter attenuation as curve.
High frequency -0.5dB 20 kHz -3dB 50 kHz.
Signal Input Level
0.5V rms ± 0.5dB for 100 watts into 8Ω.
Amplifier loads the input by 20kΩ in parallel with 220pF.
(Input loaded by 1kΩ) 80dB @ 100 Hz
70dB @ 1 kHz
60dB @ 10 kHz.
Hum and Noise
'A' weighted -96dB ref full power
Unweighted -93dB ref full power (15.7 kHz measurement bandwidth)
110-120-130, 220-230-240 50/60Hz with voltage selector
30-350 watts depending on signal level
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 9 kg / 19 lb 13.2 oz (19.824 lb)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Instruction Book 405-2 Current Dumping Amplifier)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 37 models, 36 with images and 14 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon