Quad ESL 57 Electrostatic-Loudspeaker
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon
- Loudspeaker, headphone or earphone
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Quad
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 220 Volt
- Electrostatic Loudspeaker (high bias DC voltage)
- Power out
- 15 W (unknown quality)
- Various materials
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Quad ESL 57 Electrostatic-Loudspeaker - Acoustical Manufacturing Co.
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 867 x 787 x 266 mm / 34.1 x 31 x 10.5 inch
The Quad ESL 57 was manufactured for a long period because it was not easy surpassed for real quality sound. 93 dB/Wm. Impedance 15-30 ohms, frequency response 40 - 20 000 Hz (other source tells 45 - 18 000 Hz). Max. 33 Volts. Built-in DC-supply for polarization. The follower was ESL 63, followed by ESL-989. "Quad" is still producing and offers a homepage: quad-hifi.co.uk
Price given is for 1967/68.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 17.7 kg / 38 lb 15.8 oz (38.987 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 1,095.00 DM
- Mentioned in
- High Fidelity Jahrbuch 1967/68
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 37 models, 36 with images and 14 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon