Quad Power Amplifier 606 Mk I (1)
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon
- 1986 ?
- Audio Amplifier or -mixer
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Quad
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Hi-Fi equipment
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100; 110-120; 220-240 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Power out
- 280 W (440 W max.)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Quad Power Amplifier 606 [Mk I ] - Acoustical Manufacturing Co.
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 321 x 140 x 238 mm / 12.6 x 5.5 x 9.4 inch
A stereo hi-fi power amplifier in the Quad 66 Series of hi-fi separates. RCA phono input sockets, terminals for one pair of loudspeakers, unswitched AC outlet, current overload trip reset button.
Specification Power output
140W into 8Ω, 12A peak.
220W into 4Ω, 12A peak.
Distortion (Dtot): <0.01% at 20 Hz any level up to 130W.
<0.01% at 1 kHz any level up to 130W.
<0.03% at 20 kHz any level up to 130W.
(Continuous sine wave into 8Ω resistive load)
Output, internal Impedance
and DC offset:
1.5 µH in series with 0.05Ω.
DC offset typically 7 mV.
Frequency response: -0.25 dB at 20 Hz and 20 kHz, ref 1 kHz.
-1.0 dB at 13 Hz and 40 kHz, ref 1 kHz.
Power response: -0.25 dB at 20 Hz and 20 kHz, ref 1 kHz. Input sensitivity: 500 mV for 140W into 8Ω. Input Impedance: 20 kΩ. Input overload: Instantaneous recovery up to +15 dB overload. Crosstalk:
(input loaded by 1 kΩ)
-100 dB at 100 Hz.
-85 dB at 1 kHz.
-65 dB at 10 kHz.
Hum and noise: Unweighted -105dB ref 140W
(15.7 kHz measurement bandwidth)
Stability: Unconditionally stable with any load and input.
110V-120V, 220V-240V, or 100V AC (Requires changing two links on power board)
or changing the mains transformer, current trip and F1 AC power fuse).
Power consumption: 35-750W depending on output power level.
The Quad 606 Power Amplifier Mk II was released later with chassis changes and a case with bevelled edges rather than straight edges.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 12 kg / 26 lb 6.9 oz (26.432 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 449.00 £
- Mentioned in
- Gramophone magazine Oct 1986 Quad 606 review
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Quad 606 Power Amplifier Instruction Book)
- Model page created by Howard Craven. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 37 models, 36 with images and 14 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon