Quad Tuner FM4
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Quad
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- FM Broadcast Band Only
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 100-127 / 200-240 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Quad Tuner FM4 - Acoustical Manufacturing Co.
- Book-shelf unit.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 321 x 64 x 207 mm / 12.6 x 2.5 x 8.1 inch
A hi-fi FM stereo tuner with a digital frequency display housed in a green metal case. With a rotary tuning control, push buttons for 7 preset radio stations and Tune (save to memory), automatic AFC and muting, bar graph signal strength and centre tuning indicators and FM stereo indicator. On the back, a 75 ohm FM coaxial antenna connector, DIN Line output socket and an unswitched AC outlet. The preset buttons on the UK model are marked with UK radio stations, on export models marked 1 to 7.
Specification Frequency range 88-108MHz Sensitivity
Mono 1µV (1.2dBf)
50dB quieting Mono 2.7µV (8dBf), Stereo 25µV (28dBf) Full Limiting < 1µV Signal/Noise Input signal 1kHz
at 1mV 'A' weighted
Distortion Input signal 1kHz±75kHz Mono 0.15%, Stereo 0.15% ±25kHz Mono 0.05%, Stereo 0.10% Selectivity 53dB Capture Ratio 2.5dB IF Rejection 100dB AM Suppression 60dB Image Rejection 80dB Pilot Tone Suppression 60dB Crosstalk at 1kHz 40dB Frequency Response 20Hz-15kHz +0dB,-1dB Output Level 30% Modulation 100mV Source Impedance 100Ω Recommended Load Impedance >20kΩ Aerial Input 75Ω unbalanced De-emphasis 50µs or 75µs
Power requirements: 100-127V or 200-250V AC 50/60Hz with voltage selector switch
Power consumption: 6VA
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 3 kg / 6 lb 9.7 oz (6.608 lb)
- Source of data
- - - Data from my own collection
- Mentioned in
- -- Original prospect or advert (1981 Quad Products Brochure)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Service manual Quad FM4 with updates 1982-1983)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Instruction book Quad FM4)
- Model page created by Stefan Schultze. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 37 models, 36 with images and 14 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Acoustical Manufacturing Co. Ltd, The; Huntingdon