- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Admiral (brand) Continental Radio & Television Co.; Chicago, IL
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Continental Radio & TV
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 117 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Bakelite or Plastics (type unknown)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 5T36 Ch= 5T3 - Admiral brand Continental
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
The Admiral 5T36 is an AC/DC operated 5 tube BC band receiver. Cabinet color is turquoise/white.
Beitman 155 shows Admiral models 5T31, 5T32, 5T33, 5T34 and 5T38 for chassis 5T3. It is the same circuit as chassis 5R3 and 5S3 on the same sheet, where only chassis 5S3 with electric clock radios differs with the clock associated switch. SAMS Potofact date 4-55, set 272, folder 1 show the Admiral models 5R32, 5R33, 5R35, 5R36, 5R37 and 5R38 with chassis 5R3 and the models 5S32, 5S33, 5S34, 5S35 and 5S38 with chassis 5S3 but without chassis 5T3. The color is given by the last digit, 1 = color black, 2 = brown, 3 = ivory, 4 = beige, 5 = red/white, 6 = turquoise/white, 7 = eony/white and 8 = green. The models have a loop antenna.
- Source of data
- Beitman Radio Diagrams, Vol. 15, 1955
- Model page created by John Kusching. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 3095 models, 1287 with images and 2432 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Admiral (brand) Continental Radio & Television Co.; Chicago, IL