- Manufacturer / Brand
- Airway, Sydney NSW
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 90 & 1.5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: PR55R - Airway, Sydney NSW
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 12 x 12.75 x 4.5 inch / 305 x 324 x 114 mm
Features: 5V, B/C; battery or power; tuned R.F. stage; 5" speaker; cabinet covered in light or dark brown or grey crocodile or green leatherette; removable hinged lid fitted with lock; overall size 12½" x 12¾" x 4½"; weighs 16½ lbs.; plug-in 240V AC power supply unit available as alternative to battery operation.
Retail selling price: £25/18/6, incl. batts., Sydney; AC power unit and cables, £8/5/6 (prices sliightly higher interstate)
Battery types used:
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 16 lb 8 oz (16.5 lb) / 7.491 kg
- Price in first year of sale
- 25.90 AUS £
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. VII
- Mentioned in
- Radio Electrical Weekly, Portables Supplement, 29/10/1948.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 7, 1949, Page 39.)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 32 models, 4 with images and 5 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Airway, Sydney NSW