554 Ch= 511M
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Airzone (1931) Ltd.; Sydney
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 456 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Power out
- 2.5 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 554 Ch= 511M - Airzone 1931 Ltd.; Sydney
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 300 x 390 x 190 mm / 11.8 x 15.4 x 7.5 inch
First Australian Radio with all metal valves.
Also uses an "iron cored" first IF transformer.
See notes from radio Trade Annual 1938, Page 231 on instability.
- Price in first year of sale
- 16.80 AUS £
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. I
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Radio Trade Annual of Australia (6th Edition 1938, Page 231.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Radio Review of Australia (March 1938, Page 78.)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 1, 1938, Page 18.)
|Airzone Model 554||105 KB|
- Documents regarding this model
- Model page created by Peter Hughes. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 283 models, 119 with images and 150 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Airzone (1931) Ltd.; Sydney