AR-143 (Japan 101)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Aiwa Co. Ltd.; Tokyo
- 1965 ??
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- 2SA49 2SA471 2SA471 2SA471 2SA53 2SB54 2SC394 2SC394 2SC380 2SA469 2SB470 2SB470 2SB263 2SB263 1N60 1N60 1N60 1N60
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave, Short Wave plus FM or UHF.
- Power type and voltage
- Line / Batteries (any type) / 110-120; 220-240 / 4 x 1,5 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) - elliptical
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: AR-143 - Aiwa Co. Ltd.; Tokyo
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 240 x 158 x 88 mm / 9.4 x 6.2 x 3.5 inch
Made in Japan 101
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 2.6 kg / 5 lb 11.6 oz (5.727 lb)
- Source of data
- -- Original prospect or advert
- Model page created by Hannes Wurnitsch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 897 models, 842 with images and 157 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Aiwa Co. Ltd.; Tokyo
Forum contributions about this model: Aiwa Co. Ltd.; Tokyo: AR-143
Threads: 1 | Posts: 1
The AR143 comes in both a USA version and a European version. The USA version omits the Long Wave band and has two shortwave bands. The EU version has also a switchable 110/120 220/240 volt internal power supply.
Bill Meacham, 31.May.09