- Sound/Video Recorder and/or Player
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Main principle
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110/220 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil)
- Power out
- 2 W (undistorted)
- Leather / canvas / plastic - over other material
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Reel to Reel recorder M8 - Akai Electric Co., Ltd.; Tokyo
- Tablemodel, high profile (upright - NOT Cathedral nor decorative).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 340 x 226 x 510 mm / 13.4 x 8.9 x 20.1 inch
Reel-to-reel tape recorder, stereo; identical to Roberts Electronics model 770X, except for reverse rewind play stop knobs and loudspeaker position (at top on Akai-M8 and at side on Roberts 770X).
Track system: 4-track, 2-channel, stereo/monaural system
Heads: 1 x record/playback, 1 x erase
Motor: 2 speed hysteresis synchronous
Reel size: up to 7 inch reel
Tape speeds: 1 7⁄8, 3 3⁄4, 7 1⁄2 ips
Wow and flutter: 0.15% (7 1⁄2 ips)
Frequency response: 30Hz to 25kHz (7 1⁄2 ips)
Signal to Noise Ratio: 40dB
Total harmonic distortion: 2%
Output: 0.8V (line)
Speakers: 2 x 4"
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 21.5 kg / 47 lb 5.7 oz (47.357 lb)
- Model page created by Rudie Dorrepaal. See "Data change" for further contributors.
Collections | Museums | Literature
The model Reel to Reel recorder is part of the collections of the following members.