- Manufacturer / Brand
- Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd. (AWA); Sydney
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-230; 230-260 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil)
- Power out
- 3 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Radiola 656TA - Amalgamated Wireless
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 610 x 350 x 265 mm / 24 x 13.8 x 10.4 inch
The speaker is a 9 by 6 inch elliptical.
See also Hotpoint Y56DE.
- Price in first year of sale
- 59.00 AUS £
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. XIII
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (AWA Technical Information & Service Data.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- J.R. Publications Radio Service Handbook (R.V. Series Vol. 1, 1963, Page A124.)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 13, 1955, Page 77.)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 1354 models, 711 with images and 406 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd. (AWA); Sydney