- Manufacturer / Brand
- Astor (brand), Radio Corporation Pty., Ltd.; Melbourne
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Radio Corp.of Australia
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 456 kHz; 2 AF stage(s); Reflex
- Tuned circuits
- 8 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast and Short Wave (SW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-260 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Aladdin GA - Astor brand, Radio Corporation
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
Tube 6B7 is reflexed as last I.F. amplifier and first A.F. amplifier.
Same schematic as the Astor 5550 HB and differs only in the placement of parts.
- Price in first year of sale
- 18.00 Aus£
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. I I
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Radio Trade Annual of Australia (1939 Page 207)
- Model page created by Stuart Irwin. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 847 models, 445 with images and 344 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Astor (brand), Radio Corporation Pty., Ltd.; Melbourne