- Manufacturer / Brand
- Astor (brand), Radio Corporation Pty., Ltd.; Melbourne
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Radio Corp.of Australia
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 5 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 240 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Power out
- 0.1 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: M-5D - Astor brand, Radio Corporation
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 350 x 140 x 90 mm / 13.8 x 5.5 x 3.5 inch
Astor M-5D Mantel Radio
A five transistor and three diode mantel radio giving economical operation. Instant sound through efficient 5" speaker. Full broadcast coverage. Printed circuit for reliability. Fitted with with ferrite rod aerial and has provision for external aerial.
Model M-5D is the 2nd generation of a all transistor mains powered mantel radio produced by Astor. Has a similar case to the earlier model M-4C, but with a updated front & simplified tuning. The M-5D was a mainstay throughout the 1960's & was superseded by the all silicon transistor model M-6D in 1968.
Colours available: Wedgewood, Spruce, Wattle, Charcoal, Cherry, Cinnamon, Willow, Grey, Flamingo, Squirrel, Yellow Pastel & Coral.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1.6 kg / 3 lb 8.4 oz (3.524 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 26.25 AUS £
- Mentioned in
- Silicon Chip magazine, September 2016. P102
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Astor Service Data M5D-1, 24/6/1964 & M5D-2, 2/2/1967.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- J.R. Publications Transistor Radio Service Handbook (Group C1, 1964, Page A70. [Also at KevinChant.com])
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Mingay's Price Service (Feb 1965 to Aug 1968.)
- Model page created by a member from A. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 847 models, 445 with images and 345 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Astor (brand), Radio Corporation Pty., Ltd.; Melbourne