- Manufacturer / Brand
- Astor (brand), Radio Corporation Pty., Ltd.; Melbourne
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Radio Corp.of Australia
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s); Reflex
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-220; 220-250 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 5 inch = 12.7 cm
- Bakelite or Plastics (type unknown)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Mickey KM - Astor brand, Radio Corporation
- Tablemodel without push buttons, Mantel/Midget/Compact up to 14
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 279 x 185 x 175 mm / 11 x 7.3 x 6.9 inch
The model comes with negative feedback for audio. This was not usual in Australia at that time. Astor did it and this improved those models quite a bit.
Available in 11 colours (official): Walnut, Green, Blue, Champagne, Ivory, Chinese Red, Mahogany, Marble Champagne, Marble Ivory, Amber & Aust. White.
This original 1947 version could use either 6A8G or 6J8G & 6B8G or 6G8G valves without any circuit alterations. Due to circuit alterations in later versions only 6A8G & 6B8G valves can be used.
Price is for the Walnut case. Colours for £18/2/6.
- Price in first year of sale
- 17.63 AUS £
- Source of data
- - - Data from my own collection
- Circuit diagram reference
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual Vol. VI
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Astor Technical Bulletins KM-1, 16/6/1947 & KM-3, 13/11/1947.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Australian Official Radio Service Manual AORSM (Volume 6, 1948, Page 59)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- Astor Technical Bulletin KM-9, 10/8/1949
- Model page created by Peter Hughes. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 847 models, 445 with images and 345 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Astor (brand), Radio Corporation Pty., Ltd.; Melbourne