Transistor 7 GPN-A
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Astor (brand), Radio Corporation Pty., Ltd.; Melbourne
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Radio Corp.of Australia
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3 inch = 7.6 cm
- Power out
- 0.25 W (unknown quality)
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Transistor 7 GPN-A - Astor brand, Radio Corporation
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 9.25 x 6.25 x 2.75 inch / 235 x 159 x 70 mm
BC portable having seven transistors and diodes housed in cabinet in choice of two-tone colours.
Features: inbuilt Ferrite rod aerial. Operates from one 9V battery. Speaker: 3"; output 0.3W. Controls: on-off, tuning.
- Speaker Rola Type 3C (15 ohms).
- Battery Eveready 276P.
- Alternative battery types: Berec PP20, National 306S, Ray-O-Vac RR76P, Toshiba T306S & Vidor VT9.
- Price includes battery.
Cabinet front and escutcheon assemby colour combinations: Grey/Cherry Red, Old Rose/Charcoal, Charcoal/Lime, White/Cherry Red, Cherry Red/Grey, Charcoal/Old Rose, Lime/Charcoal, Cherry Red/White, Chartreuse/Charcoal & Charcoal/Chartruse.
Escutcheon and name panel colour combinations: Grey/Cherry Red, Old Rose/Charcoal, Charcoal/Lime, White/Cherry Red, Cherry Red/Grey, Charcoal/Old Rose, Lime/Charcoal, Cherry Red/White, Chartreuse/Charcoal & Charcoal/Chartruse.
Cabinet back assembly colours: Cherry Red, Charcoal, Lime, Grey, Old Rose, Chartreuse & White.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1.040 kg / 2 lb 4.7 oz (2.291 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 30.45 AUS £
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Astor Service Data GPN-1, 18/8/1961.)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- J.R. Publications Transistor Radio Service Handbook (Vol. 1, 1960 Supplement, Page A28.)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- J.R. Publications Transistor Radio Service Handbook (A Series Handbook, Page A60. (Also at KevinChant.com))
- Literature/Schematics (4)
- Mingay's Price Service (Feb 1962 to Feb 1964.)
- Model page created by Roger Brinkman. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 850 models, 450 with images and 349 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Astor (brand), Radio Corporation Pty., Ltd.; Melbourne