Alba Radiogram 475 (475B Single)
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Balcombe Ltd., (Brand: Alba), London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Brand: Alba
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); 2 AF stage(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and Short Wave.
- Record Player (not changer)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 200-250 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 10 inch = 25.4 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Alba Radiogram 475 - Balcombe Ltd., Brand: Alba,
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 33 x 33 x 17.5 inch / 838 x 838 x 445 mm
Though using series heaters the chassis is isolated by the mains transforner rather than the usual direct line and dropper with U series valves/tubes.
The two 475 large console models only differ in record player fitted.
- Price in first year of sale
- 54.00 GBP
- Source of data
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.)
- Mentioned in
- Trader 911 June 1949
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Alba, Radio of Quality, 1947 leaflet
- Model page created by Vitor Oliveira. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 242 models, 117 with images and 165 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Balcombe Ltd., (Brand: Alba), London