- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Bendix Radio Division; Baltimore, MD
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 455/10700 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Short Wave plus FM or UHF.
- Changer (Record changer)
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 105 - 125 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 12 inch = 30.5 cm
- Power out
- 12 W (unknown quality)
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 1217D [late] - Bendix Radio Division;
- Console, Lowboy (legs < 50 %).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 31 x 34 x 18.3 inch / 787 x 864 x 465 mm
- According to SAMS 12-47, set 29, folder 4719-4 the Bendix radio models 1217, 1217B and 1217D use the same 12 tube chassis. Rider is showing a 14 tube chassis for model 1217D which is referring to a never version (we call it "late"). Also Slusser is showing the version "late".
Automatic -twelve 10-inch or ten 12-inch standard records.
- Price in first year of sale
- 425.00 $
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios (7th Edition)
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 19 = 1949 and before
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Date 10-48, set 46, folder 5)
- Other Models
Here you find 440 models, 358 with images and 214 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Bendix Radio Division; Baltimore, MD