- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Bendix Radio Division; Baltimore, MD
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 455 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- AC/DC-set / 105-125 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 6 inch = 15.2 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 646A - Bendix Radio Division;
- Console, Highboy (legs > 50 %).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 35 x 27.75 x 14.125 inch / 889 x 705 x 359 mm
Built in loop antenna. Invisible radio with Phantom Dial - genuine mahogany dropleaf table.
The 1946 and 1947 versions of this model have slightly different chassis, dial scales, and cabinets. The chassis and glass plate with the dial scale must match. The 1946 cabinet has a thin contrasting wood inlay inset from the edges of the top and on the legs.
- Price in first year of sale
- 84.95 $
- External source of data
- Ernst Erb
- Source of data
- The Radio Collector's Directory and Price Guide 1921 - 1965
- Circuit diagram reference
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 19 = 1949 and before
- Mentioned in
- Collector's Guide to Antique Radios 4. Edition
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Photofact Folder, Howard W. SAMS (Set 2 folder 462-28 date 7-46)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Radio Retailing (Radio & Television R.) (January 1946 page 15. September 1946 page 9.)
- Other Models
Here you find 323 models, 271 with images and 200 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Bendix Radio Division; Baltimore, MD