General-Coverage-Receiver CSR-5 + CSR-5A
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Canadian Marconi Co. Ltd. (CMC, Esterline), Marconi's Wireless; Montreal, QC
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: CMC Canada || Marconi, Canada
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 575 kHz
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW) and Long Wave (LW) only.
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit. / AC/DC 12 & DC 250 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s). / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Power out
- 4 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: General-Coverage-Receiver CSR-5 + CSR-5A - Canadian Marconi Co. Ltd. CMC,
- Boatanchor (heavy military or commercial set >20 kg).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 20.25 x 10.5 x 15.25 inch / 514 x 267 x 387 mm
- Difference between CSR-5 and CSR-5A unknown. Size and weight given for cabinet version. There is also the rack version. Requires separate power supply.
79 - 207 kHz; 195 - 518 kHz; 1.5 - 3.5 MHz; 3.55 - 7.65 MHz; 6 - 16.1 MHz; 14.9 - 30.3 MHz. Single crystal socket on the front. BFO, RF gain, AVC on/off. Modes: AM /CW / MCW. The set was designed for the Royal Canadian Navy.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 30.910 kg / 68 lb 1.3 oz (68.084 lb)
- Source of data
- - - Manufacturers Literature
- Mentioned in
- Shortwave Receivers - Past & Present (3rd ed.)
- Model page created by Greg Farrell. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 459 models, 324 with images and 376 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Canadian Marconi Co. Ltd. (CMC, Esterline), Marconi's Wireless; Montreal, QC