- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Collins Radio Company; Cedar Rapids (IA)
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- 6DC6 6BA6 6BA6 6BA6 12AX7 6BA6 12AX7 6BF5 6AK6 6BA6 6U8A 6U8A 6U8A 6136 5670 6U8A 6U8A
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage
- Wave bands
- Broadcast, Long Wave and more than two Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 115/230 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Power out
- 1 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 51S-1 - Collins Radio Company; Cedar
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 13.5 x 6.7 x 15 inch / 343 x 170 x 381 mm
- AM/CW/SSB; double-conversion above 7 MHz, triple conv. below. Notch-filter, 2 mechanical-filters, extra xtal-filter for AM available; few variants, also rack-handle model. 8500 sets were built.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 12 kg / 26 lb 6.9 oz (26.432 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 1,828.00 $
- External source of data
- Eilert Menke
- Source of data
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Mentioned in
- Communications Receivers
- Model page created by a member from D. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 96 models, 71 with images and 32 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Collins Radio Company; Cedar Rapids (IA)
Forum contributions about this model: Collins Radio: 51S-1
Threads: 1 | Posts: 1
Eilert Menke, 25.Oct.04