- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Collins Radio Company; Cedar Rapids (IA)
- Amateur TRX: Transmitter/Receiver (and Transceiver)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Valves / Tubes
- 6AZ8 6U8A 6AZ8 6AZ8 12AT7 12AT7 6DC6 7543 6CL6 6146A 6146A 6U8A 6U8A 6U8A 6BN8 6BN8 6EB8 6BN8
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit. / 12/28/115 Volt
- - This model requires external speaker(s).
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Transceiver KWM-2 - Collins Radio Company; Cedar
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 14.75 x 6.6 x 13.25 inch / 375 x 168 x 337 mm
Collins KWM-2 transceiver: CW/SSB, double-conversion, coverage of fourteen 200 kHz segments (standard crystals for 80 - 10 m HAM bands, can be equipped with optional crystals to cover any 200 kHz segment in the 3,4 - 30 MHz range, excepted 5,0 - 6,5 MHz.
Several power-supplies available.
Approx. 100 watts output. Similar to KWM-2A, the extended frequency version. See 351D-2 for mobile mount for use in automobiles and MP-1 for 12 volt power converter.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 9.5 kg / 20 lb 14.8 oz (20.925 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 1,150.00 $
- External source of data
- Eilert Menke
- Model page created by a member from D. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 96 models, 71 with images and 32 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Collins Radio Company; Cedar Rapids (IA)