- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Collins Radio Company; Cedar Rapids (IA)
- Amateur TRX: Transmitter/Receiver (and Transceiver)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage
- Wave bands
- Short Wave (SW only)
- Power type and voltage
- Powered by external power supply or a main unit. / 12/28/115 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Transceiver KWM-2A - Collins Radio Company; Cedar
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 14.8 x 6.6 x 13.3 inch / 376 x 168 x 338 mm
Collins KWM-2A transceiver: CW/SSB, double-conversion, coverage of fourteen 200 kHz segments (standard crystals for 80 - 10 m HAM bands, and comes equipped with a second crystal board to cover any 200 kHz segment in the 3,4 - 30 MHz range, excepted 5,0 - 6,5 MHz, mainly used to cover MARS (Military Affiliate Radio Service) frequencies. Can be recognized from the small knob above the frequency segment switch and the white vertical windows to display the additional frequency bands on both sides of the band switch.
Several power-supplies available.
Approx. 100 watts output.
Similar to KWM-2 with standard coverage of the ham bands only. Over 24000 sets were made, last collins tube equipped amateur radio transceiver.
See MP-1 for 12 volt power converter.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 9.5 kg / 20 lb 14.8 oz (20.925 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 1'250.00 $
- External source of data
- Eilert Menke
- Model page created by a member from D. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 95 models, 70 with images and 32 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Collins Radio Company; Cedar Rapids (IA)