All Dry Portable 499
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Cossor, A.C.; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 465 kHz
- Wave bands
- Broadcast (MW) and Long Wave.
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries / 1 x 1.5 & 2 x 45 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 15 cm = 5.9 inch
- Bakelite case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: All Dry Portable 499 - Cossor, A.C.; London
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 300 x 260 x 130 mm / 11.8 x 10.2 x 5.1 inch
Likely a AD3 Combo or B103 Combo or similar battery pack used as it's 250mA 1.5V LT and a single battery compartment of correct size, whichever fits better. 1949 is probably too early for B126 + AD35 etc.
Same Chassis punch-out as the 499UB version with built in Mains Adaptor.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 5.4 kg / 11 lb 14.3 oz (11.894 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 235.00 Hfl
- Source of data
- Technisch- Commercieel - Radio Vademecum Staleman
- Mentioned in
- Funk-Technik (FT) (1951/5 S133)
- Model page created by John Koster. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 311 models, 230 with images and 188 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Cossor, A.C.; London