129 "Justice" Ch= 129
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Crosley Radio Corp.; Cincinnati (OH)
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 181.5 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 7 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / Either transformer: 60 cycle, 100-125V or 25 cycle, 100-125V or 50 cycle, 220-250 Volt
- Electro Magnetic Dynamic LS (moving-coil with field excitation coil) / Ø 8 inch = 20.3 cm
- Wooden case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 129 "Justice" Ch= 129 - Crosley Radio Corp.;
- Table-Cathedral-Type (upright, round top or gothic arch, not rounded edges only).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 13.5 x 16.75 x 8.5 inch / 343 x 425 x 216 mm
The Crosley 129 "Justice" is an AC operated 6 tube BC band receiver. Has push pull audio output stage.
Models 129 and 129-1 are similar 6 tube models, differing only in that model 129 is designed to drive a single speaker, while model 129-1 is designed to drive 2 speakers.
From the Crosley News Brochure: The beautifully grained front panel is overlaid with stump walnut veneer. An extremely pleasing effect is obtained by arching the speaker grille with an overlay of zebra wood. The fluted pilasters are set off by beading down the center. The top and sides are of one piece finished in Adam brown. Quite in keeping with its unusual beauty is the extraordinary performance of this set. It incorporates an up-to-the-minute suerheterodyne chassis employing six tubes including the new 2 1/2 volt heater tubes, push-pull pentode output, double tuned image suppressor pre-selector, continuous (stepless) tone and static control, illuminated shadow dial with vernier drive, volume control, full floating, moving coil, 8 inch dynamic speaker.
In many cases Crosley used the chassis number as the model number, and added a model name to some models to help distinguish versions that used common chassis. Here are the models that used the 129 chassis versions:
Model Model Type Chassis Speakers Justice Table 129 1 Judge Console 129 1 Alderman Table 129-1 2
Stein says only five tubes.
- Price in first year of sale
- 39.95 $ !
- External source of data
- E. Erb 3-907007-36-0
- Source of data
- -- Schematic
- Circuit diagram reference
- Die «Thali Schemasammlung» führt das Modell.
- Mentioned in
- Radio Collector`s Guide 1921-1932 (Cathedral & Tombstone Radios, Stein, page 89.)
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (The Crosley Service Bulletin No. 39 Dated Aug. 15, 1932)
- Literature/Schematics (2)
- Crosley Radio Service Manual (Crosley Radio Service Manual 1943 and Earlier Page 181)
- Literature/Schematics (3)
- - - Manufacturers Literature (Crosley News Brochure Dated June 1932)
- Literature/Schematics (4)
- Rider's Perpetual, Volume 3 = 1933 and before (Riders (Crosley) 3-10, 3-13)
- Other Models
Here you find 1707 models, 1024 with images and 1187 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Crosley Radio Corp.; Cincinnati (OH)