DBX II Dynamic Range Enhancer 124
- United States of America (USA)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- dbx Inc.; Waltham (MA)
- 1977 ?
- Audio Amplifier or -mixer
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Semiconductors present.
- Main principle
- Wave bands
- - without
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 220 Volt
- - For headphones or amp.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: DBX II Dynamic Range Enhancer 124 - dbx Inc.; Waltham MA
- Tablemodel, with any shape - general.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 280 x 96 x 260 mm / 11 x 3.8 x 10.2 inch
- Tape noise reduction system with fixed compression and de-compression ratio (2:1).
S/N 110dB; Z-in: 50K; V-in:300mV; Z-out: 0,47K; Freq-range: 30-20000Hz.
This apparatus must be inserted between the amplifier and the recorder.
Works with any recorder because the compression is linear in contrast to Dolby-NR or Dolby-B where the reproduction level must match the recording level.
Can also decode DBX vinyl discs.
Tape and disc S/N ratio of 100dB attainable. A DBX vinyl disc can sound as DDD CD. In contrast with the stereophonic DBX-122, this DBX-124 has 4 channels.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 3.170 kg / 6 lb 15.7 oz (6.982 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 24'650.00 Bfr
- Model page created by Dirk Bladt. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 24 models, 23 with images and 4 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from dbx Inc.; Waltham (MA)