Rebecca coaxial antenna switch Type 78A
- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Dynatron Radio Ltd., Maidenhead, Berkshire
- 1943 ?
- Military Equipment (not Re, Tr or RXT)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Wave bands
- VHF incl. FM and/or UHF (see notes for details)
- Power type and voltage
- Direct Current supply (DC) / 24 Volt
- - - No sound reproduction output.
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Rebecca coaxial antenna switch Type 78A - Dynatron Radio Ltd.,
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 170 x 185 x 65 mm / 6.7 x 7.3 x 2.6 inch
Heavy duty dual-circuit coaxial switch unit designed for selecting long range or homing antennas for Rebecca Mk IIB/IIT VHF transponder navigation system. (173 - 234 MHz)
Manual or electrical operation (24v DC).
Operating current 650 mA. After pull-in, contacts connect a 100 ohm resistor in series with the solenoid, reducing the holding current to 170 mA.
Handles the 300 W peak power output of the Rebecca transmitter.
6 Pye coaxial sockets with clamps.
Wick armature pivot lubrication.
Removable cover plate for contact inspection and cleaning.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1.640 kg / 3 lb 9.8 oz (3.612 lb)
- Model page created by Bruce Taylor. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 107 models, 61 with images and 45 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Dynatron Radio Ltd., Maidenhead, Berkshire