- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Eddystone, Birmingham
- Commercial Receiver (may include amateur bands)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- alternative name: Stratton & Co.Ltd.; Birmingham
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superhet with RF-stage; ZF/IF 450 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast plus more than 2 Short Wave bands.
- Power type and voltage
- Alternating Current supply (AC) / 110, 200, 230 Volt
- 2 Loudspeakers / Ø 3 inch = 7.6 cm
- Power out
- 3 W (unknown quality)
- Metal case
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: 556 - Eddystone, Birmingham
- Tablemodel, low profile (big size).
- Communications receiver covering 580 kHz - 30,5 MHz in five bands (580-1340 kHz, 1,34-2,9 MHz, 2,9-6,5 MHz, 6,25-13,4 MHz, 13,2 - 30,5 MHz).
Similar to 504 but with two integrated speakers and magic eye tuning indicator.
- Price in first year of sale
- 37.00 GBP
- Mentioned in
- Eddystone User Group: Quick Reference Guide
- Model page created by Martin Bösch. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 235 models, 89 with images and 33 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Eddystone, Birmingham