- Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Ever Ready Co. (GB) Ltd.; London
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
Click on the schematic thumbnail to request the schematic as a free document.
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common); ZF/IF 465 kHz; 2 AF stage(s)
- Tuned circuits
- 6 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Dry Batteries / 1.5 & 69 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 3 inch = 7.6 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Personal B - Ever Ready Co. GB Ltd.; London
- Portable set > 8 inch (also usable without mains)
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 235 x 62 x 131 mm / 9.3 x 2.4 x 5.2 inch
- Compact portable valve MW radio weighing just 3 lbs 10 oz complete with its Ever Ready B114 dry battery.
Weight about 1.62 kg including replica battery pack.
The chassis is identical to the Marconiphone P17b, one P17b version using MOV X17 W17 ZD17 N17 and other DK91, DF91, DAF91 and DL92 (both essentially the RCA 1940 1R5 1T4 1S5 3S4 series used in the 1940 US Personal Radio sets (See RCA BP10 article).
The B2 simply adds series coils to Local Oscillator coil and loop pickup with trimming capacitors to add LW 1 year later.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 1.6 kg / 3 lb 8.4 oz (3.524 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 11.00 GBP
- Mentioned in
- -- Original-techn. papers.
- Literature/Schematics (1)
- Trader Service Sheet (suppl. of Wireless & El. Trader, etc.) (842)
- Model page created by Peter Hoddow. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 204 models, 144 with images and 91 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Ever Ready Co. (GB) Ltd.; London