Fake, Audion Detector and Amplifier 14T (not from De Forest)
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Faelschung, fake, falsi, fakes, Fälschung
- 1914 ??
- Radio module pre 1926 (not a part, not a key)
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Tubes
- Main principle
- Crystal or Solid State Detector with Amplifer; 1 AF stage(s)
- Power type and voltage
- Storage and/or dry batteries
- - For headphones or amp.
- Wooden case, TUBES VISIBLE.
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Fake, Audion Detector and Amplifier 14T - Faelschung, fake, falsi, fakes
- Tablemodel, Box - most often with Lid (NOT slant panel).
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 330 x 340 x 155 mm / 13 x 13.4 x 6.1 inch
Audion Detector and One Step Amplifier. No Tuner included. Not from DeForest (De Forest).
This later work of a craftsman or collector is an interesting looking piece for a less serious collector and it is very unusual. But it becomes dangerous for the owner when he/she is selling it as a deForest set, because it has not much to do with deForest. It can be called a fake. It is probably not even a replica ... and should be specially engraved as what it is ...
We know that there are many fakes around from that early time. Many of them have been done by Phil Weingarten of New York City (deceased for a number of years now), but this one is not entirely typical of Phil's work, but he did have an engraving machine and liked to put one-line legends on his stuff. And it was well within his capacity and his stock of old components. All these sets can result in unjust sellings and should be well marked (engraved). We actually show quite a number of replicas and fakes under such terms (simple model search). Replica show mostly models which are without doubt a replica, but "fake" show the problematic stuff. I'm glad we have this one and I hope more American members (or guests) will show us more! This will be duplicated there.
- Model page created by Ernst Erb. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 126 models, 123 with images and 1 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Faelschung, fake, falsi, fakes, Fälschung