Pocket Portable P 41
- Manufacturer / Brand
- Ferris Bros. Pty Ltd.; Sydney
- Broadcast Receiver - or past WW2 Tuner
- Radiomuseum.org ID
- Number of Transistors
- Main principle
- Superheterodyne (common)
- Tuned circuits
- 4 AM circuit(s)
- Wave bands
- Broadcast only (MW).
- Power type and voltage
- Batteries / addl. power jack / 1 X 9 Volt
- Permanent Magnet Dynamic (PDyn) Loudspeaker (moving coil) / Ø 2 inch = 5.1 cm
- Plastics (no bakelite or catalin)
- from Radiomuseum.org
- Model: Pocket Portable P 41 - Ferris Bros. Pty Ltd.; Sydney
- Very small Portable or Pocket-Set (Handheld) < 8 inch.
- Dimensions (WHD)
- 66 x 113 x 38 mm / 2.6 x 4.4 x 1.5 inch
This is a small pocket portable radio for personal listening in suburban areas. Whilst the RF end is similar to the P42, which is twice the size, the 41 is limited by the size of the ferrite slab aerial which is only 2 inches long. The audio output is limited by the lack of an AF driver for the output pair of transistors.
There is a diode, presumably the detector, visible but it is unbranded.
Weight is with a type 216 Alkaline battery.
- Net weight (2.2 lb = 1 kg)
- 0.240 kg / 0 lb 8.5 oz (0.529 lb)
- Price in first year of sale
- 25.00 AUS $
- Mentioned in
- Mingay's Price Service (Feb 1971 to Aug 1972.)
- Model page created by Brian Wilson. See "Data change" for further contributors.
- Other Models
Here you find 134 models, 75 with images and 48 with schematics for wireless sets etc. In French: TSF for Télégraphie sans fil.
All listed radios etc. from Ferris Bros. Pty Ltd.; Sydney